SEDMOC: SEDIMENT TRANSPORT MODELLING IN MARINE COASTAL ENVIRONMENTS (2001); Hardbound book; 450 pages
The research topics of this research project are:
1) Flat bed sediment transport processes and modelling (sediment transport in the sheet flow regime for steady and unsteady, oscillatory flow; effects of sediment size gradation and sediment-induced stratification, turbulence damping, hindered settling);
2) Rippled bed sediment transport processes and modelling (sediment transport above rippled beds for steady and unsteady, oscillatory flow; sediment mixing, effects of sediment size gradation; effect of sloping beds; sand ripple formation and effective hydraulic roughness of rippled beds);
3) Engineering sand transport modelling (development of practical integrated sand transport models, intercomparison and validation of practical transport models).
PART I: OVERALL PROJECT RESULTS (90 pages)
The sediment transport problem,
The SEDMOC Project.
2. STATE OF THE ART OF SAND TRANSPORT MODELLING
Sand transport processes,
Flat bed phenomena (upper regime) and modelling,
Rippled bed phenomena (lower regime) and modelling,
Practical simplified modelling,
3. EVALUATION OF SEDMOC RESULTS; SYNTHESIS AND INTEGRATION
Flat bed phenomena and modelling,
Rippled bed phenomena and modelling,
Practical sand transport modelling,
Model intercomparison and verification results,
Guidelines and recommendations.
4. REFERENCES AND PUBLICATIONS
List of SEDMOC publications,
List of Key References.
PART II: PAPERS BY PARTICIPANTS (360 pages)
A. EXPERIMENTAL AND MATHEMATICAL MODELLING OF SAND TRANSPORT IN
THE RIPPLE REGIME (12 papers)
B. EXPERIMENTAL AND MATHEMATICAL MODELLING OF SAND TRANSPORT IN THE
FLAT BED SHEET FLOW REGIME (12 papers)
C. PRACTICAL SAND TRANSPORT MODELS FOR RIPPLED AND FLAT BEDS (14 papers)